THIS CONSULTATION HAS NOW CLOSED.
- DID YOU MISS THE DEADLINE?
- DOES THIS MEAN YOUR LAND AND PROPERTY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IN RIBBLE VALLEY’S FUTURE PLANS?
- MAKE SURE YOU NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN.
- KIRKWELLS TRACK THE WORK OF ALL LOCAL PLANNING AUTHORITIES.
- THIS ENSURES OUR CLIENTS RECEIVE THE BEST UP TO THE MINUTE, ACCURATE PLANNING ADVICE.
TO FIND OUT HOW WE CAN DO THIS FOR YOU CALL 01282 872570.
Controversy has raged about the future locations for new housing in the Ribble Valley Core Strategy.
In April, the Council finally decided on a preferred option. This is now out for consultation until the 15th of June.
The preferred option of the Core Strategy proposes:
- The majority of new housing development will be concentrated on a strategic site south of Clitheroe (Standen);
- Strategic employment development will be promoted on on the Barrow Enterprise Site and Salmesbury Enterprise Zone;
- Housing development will be managed to reflect existing settlement size with the following allocations for each settlement Clitheroe 348, Longridge 560, Whalley 243, Standen 1,040, other settlements 1,040;
- The overall extent of the Green Belt will be maintained;
- 30% affordable housing will be sought on sites of ten units or more;
- The plan also includes a number of development management policies to guide, promote and control things such as renewables, dwellings in the countryside, barn conversions, development of heritage assets and gypsy and traveller sites.
To find out how Ribble Valley’s plans affect you, and to decide how best to respond call Kirkwells on 01282 872570.
©Kirkwells Town Planners and Sustainable Development Consultants based at the Lancashire Digital Technology Centre in Burnley www.kirkwells.co.uk
Research • Planning Policy • Site Search • Site Appraisal • Planning Applications • Appeals • Sustainable Development • Urban Design • Masterplanning • Heritage Statements • Bids for Funding • Neighbourhood Planning • Community Right to Build • Community Engagement • Training
Read more: Latest Planning News