The Central Lancashire Councils of Chorley, Preston and South Ribble have become the first to see their Core Strategy approved after the publication of the National Planning Policy Framework in March.
Richard Hollox Inspector at the examination held in to the plan in June/July 2011 and March 2012 considered the plan sound with two major modifications.
- That annual average housing requirements are adopted – 507 for Preston City; 417 for Chorley and 417 for South Ribble Boroughs;
- The identification of Cottam as a strategic site, with site plan, not just as a strategic location;
- The identification of two additional strategic locations – North West Preston and South of Penwortham and North of Farington;
- A predicted scale of housing development in main locations;
- An explanation of monitoring and contingency arrangements; and
- Greater emphasis on financial viability
That the Core Strategy includes a policy to take in to account the presumption in favour of sustainable development contained in the National Planning Policy Framework.
For a copy of the report click here.
Please note you can still submit representations to the Sites for Preston Consultation until the 2nd of July 2012.
- Do you need to be involved in the future planning of Central Lancashire?
- Do you need specialist help to make sure your views are known?
For help in Central Lancashire or on any Local Plan call Kirkwells on 01282 872570, or email.
©Kirkwells Town Planners and Sustainable Development Consultants based at the Lancashire Digital Technology Centre in Burnley www.kirkwells.co.uk
Research • Planning Policy • Site Search • Site Appraisal • Planning Applications • Appeals • Sustainable Development • Urban Design • Masterplanning • Heritage Statements • Bids for Funding • Neighbourhood Planning • Community Right to Build • Community Engagement • Training
Read more: Latest Planning News