A survey of Federation of Small Business (FSB) members has found that small companies are “being held back from growing as quickly as they could by the ongoing failure of the planning system to allow them to grow”.
According to the FSB survey
- 69 per cent of small businesses have to wait more than eight weeks for local authorities to decide on planning applications.
- half of those applying for planning permission feel that they have encountered an “overly protracted process and overly complex rules and processes”.
- And almost seven in 10 members feel property owners should be allowed to make a ‘change of use’ without needing planning permission.
Small business owner? Suffering planning problems?
Call 01282 872570 and let our team help your business grow.
Our experienced team can help with:
- Project design
- Pre-application discussions
- Planning applications
- Change of Use
- Planning appeals
- Site search
- Project appraisal
- Bidding for funding
- Objections to Local Plans and Local Development Frameworks
- Engagement with neighbours, residents and councillors
Read more: Latest Planning News