Neighbourhood planning is one of the cornerstones of the new planning system, and is already becoming a key tool for those parishes and community groups wanting to shape the future of their town or village.
We know resources can be limited, so Kirkwells offer expert, friendly, independent advice at a special reduced fee rate to parish and town councils and neighbourhood fora. With Kirkwells you get the advice you need at a price you can afford.
Working with you, and your local community, we put together a neighbourhood plan that is right for your area, has the support of local people, and helps guide future planning decisions. We can support you from start to finish in preparing your plan, or with any of the following:
- Scoping – is neighbourhood planning right for you?
- Putting together a neighbourhood forum and developing a constitution;
- Identifying your neighbourhood area and preparing and submitting your application for designation as a neighbourhood area or forum;
- Project planning and management;
- Developing and analysing the evidence base for your plan;
- Reviewing local plan policies, identifying strategic policies and ensuring your plan is in general conformity;
- Identifying and mediating with key stakeholders and partners;
- Planning and undertaking community consultation and engagement programmes and events;
- Writing policies and proposals;
- Sustainability Appraisal;
- Making site allocations;
- Deciding the scope and structure of your neighbourhood plan;
- Analysis of consultation outcomes;
- Putting together bids for funding;
- Meeting the “basic conditions” and other legal requirements;
- Preparation of consultation statements;
- Independent examination.
Kirkwells are one of the leading independent town planning consultants supporting communities in neighbourhood planning – offering support to government frontrunners, FREE training, and tailored support. To find out more download our Neighbourhood Planning Services leaflet or call:
01282 872 570
Not sure where to start? If you need to find out more about neighbourhood planning we can also help. Book one of our “warts and all” FREE Neighbourhood Plan Training sessions so your parish or group can make an informed choice about whether neighbourhood planning is right for them. Alternatively, sign up for our monthly Neighbourhood Planning News this will keep up to speed with all the important news that is happening in neighbourhoods like yours.
Kirkwells are the country’s leading, independent, chartered town planners supporting communities preparing neighbourhood plans, This support includes four of the Government’s Neighbourhood Planning Frontrunners:
Our neighbourhood plan support is helping Barford, Bryning with Warton, Whitnash Town Council, Austrey, Formby and Little Altcar, Hampton Bishop, Leominster, Lower Bullingham, Peterchurch, West Haddon, Brimfield and Little Hereford, Tarporley, Wigmore Group, and Burley in Wharfedale.
And our hugely successful and enjoyable training has reached over 100 parishes.
So for expert, independent, high quality support to help you produce your neighbourhood plan request a brochure or call Michael or Louise on:
01282 872 570.